A MESSAGE FROM OUR CONFERENCE CHAIR
A message from our conference Chair, Gregg Peterson, Senior Technical Specialist, Prefix Corp.
Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Detroit
North America's Flagship OEM Driven Summit and Technology Innovations Showcase On Automotive Lightweight Materials, Structures And Advanced Manufacturing "Where The Industry Meets"
BRAND NEW AGENDA REFLECTING MAJOR AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY INVESTMENT INTO A NEW GENERATION OF EVS AND AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES BY ESTABLISHED AND START-UP OEMS
The rapid transition to a new generation of EV, autonomous and ICEV platforms, architectures and lightweight structures is driving new opportunities for advanced technology adoption and engineering innovation - but also creating potentially disruptive challenges for vehicle designers, engineers and their suppliers.
With a brand new agenda, the Summit will provide important insights and understanding through an unrivaled mix of in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and interactive panel discussions on the hottest issues, enabling greater interaction between speakers and delegates than ever before.
GALM 2020 HIGHLIGHTS ON ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION, MANUFACTURABILITY AND ENGINEERING INNOVATION
- Find out how to get the greatest value from in innovations in lightweight materials and combine them effectively for enhanced manufacturability - including Gen 3 and other high strength steels, aluminum 6000 and 7000 series applications, carbon fiber and lower plastic composites;
- Explore and understand how to realize the potential of digitalization and manufacturing 4.0 for integrated design and manufacturing, improved throughput and optimized production system;
- Compare and contrast new approaches to developing EV body structure / body in white and battery integration for durability, crashworthiness and intrusion protection;
- Adopt the latest advances in forming, joining, welding, adhesive bonding, castings, extrusions and testing processes to reduce vehicle mass and minimize costs.
Unrivalled networking and interactive discussion
Meet technical leaders and chief engineers with leading OEMs and EV, autonomous vehicle start-ups - responsible for advanced design, body engineering, simulation and predictive modelling, lightweight high strength metals and composites, manufacturing processes and automation.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
For full details, contact the GALM team at email@example.com or tel (1) 800 721 3915
The global series has been attended by a total of 6000+ industry leaders. Places for GALM Detroit 2020 are expected to sell out well in advance.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.