Brand New Agenda Based On Insights From Over 40 OEM's
North America's Flagship OEM Driven Initiative On Automotive Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Where The Industry Meets
NEW FOR 2018 - IMPACTS OF THE TRANSITION TO EV'S, AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES AND NEXT-GEN ICEV'S
The rapid transition to a new generation of EV, autonomous and ICEV platforms, architectures and lightweight structures is driving new opportunities for advanced technologies and engineering innovation - but also creating potentially disruptive challenges for vehicle designers, engineers and their suppliers.
With a brand new agenda, the Summit will provide new insights and understanding through an unrivalled mix of in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and panel discussions on the hottest issues, enabling greater interaction between speakers and delegates than ever before.
KEY FOCUS ON TECHNOLOGY ADVANCES AND MANUFACTURING PROCESSES INNOVATION
In-Depth Exploration of Innovations for EVs and Autonomous Vehicles - the focus of investment and development:
- Evaluate new architectures, structures - whether predominantly steel, aluminum or mixed-material - and battery integration strategies for best performance, safety and crashworthiness.
Coverage of Hottest Vehicle Segments - including different philosophies in architecture, structures and materials:
- Focus on EVs and next-gen ICEVs in SUVs, crossovers, city cars, sedans, luxury high performance EVs and electric commercial vehicles.
Focus on Mixed-Material Structures and Manufacturability - reflecting the evolution to EV platforms and architectures:
- Showcase of BIW innovations for engineers evaluating the latest advances in forming, joining and testing processes first hand - and how to get the most out of using lightweight materials and combine them effectively. for EVs
Great Networking and Interactive Discussion Opportunities with leading OEMs and EV, autonomous vehicle start-ups:
- Introducing technical leaders and chief engineers in advanced design, body engineering, simulation and predictive modeling, lightweight high strength metals and composites, manufacturing processes and automation.
More In-Depth Technical Case Studies Than Ever Before
- Material selection for new vehicle architectures and optimizing multi-material combinations
- Application of new technologies for lightweighting battery pack and powertrain
- Implementing manufacturing changes to reflect new vehicle architectures while reducing process time and costs
- Material selection to increase safety and improve crashworthiness, including high strength steels, aluminum, magnesium and composites
- Advances in simulation and predictive modeling for advanced materials, forming, joining and other manufacturing processes
- Optimizing the use of new joining technologies and adhesives
- Quality inspection and testing approaches for laser jointed surfaces
- Designing carbon fiber effectively into body structures
- Manufacturing component parts with greater affordability
The global series has been attended by a total of 6000+ industry leaders. Places for GALM US 2018 are expected to sell out well in advance.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.