OEM LED SPEAKER FACULTY INCLUDES:
Supervisory Program Manager, Materials Technology R&D, Vehicle Technologies Office
U.S. Department of Energy
Technical Fellow for Body In White
FCA US LLC
Technical Fellow, Body Structures and Closures, Sheet Metals Materials Engineering
Lead Engineer - Joining and Materials Specialist
Technical Leader, Lightweight Materials, Research and Innovation Center
Ford Motor Co.
Executive Vice-General Manager, International Business, Lightweight Technical Specialist
Process Engineering Specialist, BIW Manufacturing
Advanced Technology Manager
General Manager, Head of Materials Engineering, Engineering Research Centre
Chief Technology Officer, AMMII
Lightweight Innovations for Tomorrow (LIFT)
Brand New Agenda Based On Insights From Over 40 OEM's
North America's Flagship OEM Driven Summit and Technology Innovations Showcase On Automotive Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing "Where The Industry Meets"
NEW FOR 2018 - IMPACTS OF THE TRANSITION TO EV'S, AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES AND NEXT-GEN ICEV'S
The rapid transition to a new generation of EV, autonomous and ICEV platforms, architectures and lightweight structures is driving new opportunities for advanced technology adoption and engineering innovation - but also creating potentially disruptive challenges for vehicle designers, engineers and their suppliers.
With a brand new agenda, the Summit will provide important insights and understanding through an unrivaled mix of in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and interactive panel discussions on the hottest issues, enabling greater interaction between speakers and delegates than ever before.
Coverage of the hottest vehicle segments
Explore different philosophies in architecture, structures and material choices for EVs and next-gen ICEVs including SUVs, crossovers, city cars, sedans, luxury high performance EVs and electric commercial vehicles.
Advances in multi-material EV structures and manufacturability
Evaluate new structures and battery integration strategies for best performance and crashworthiness - BIW innovations and latest advances in forming, joining and testing processes reflecting the evolution to EV platforms, architectures - and how to get the most from lightweight materials, combining them effectively for EVs.
New for 2018 - Site visit to LIFT and IACMI / Monday afternoon, August 20
Join a site visit to the state-of-the-art automotive manufacturing innovation and research facilities operated by LIFT (Lightweight Innovations for Tomorrow) and IACMI (Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation) located in the Corktown district of Detroit.
Great networking and interactive discussion opportunities
Meet technical leaders and chief engineers with leading OEMs and EV, autonomous vehicle start-ups - responsible for advanced design, body engineering, simulation and predictive modelling, lightweight high strength metals and composites, manufacturing processes and automation.
More in-depth technical case studies than ever before
- Application of new technologies for lightweighting battery pack and powertrain
- Adopting the latest simulation and predictive modeling tools for advanced materials applications and manufacturing processes
- Optimizing the use of advanced joining, welding and structural adhesive technologies
- Best practices in quality inspection and testing
- Implementing advances in manufacturing processes and automation to reflect new vehicle architectures while reducing process time and costs
Unrivaled sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
For full details, contact the GALM team at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel (1) 800 721 3915
The global series has been attended by a total of 6000+ industry leaders. Places for GALM US 2018 are expected to sell out well in advance.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.