GALM: THE WORLD'S MOST PRACTICAL, APPLICATIONS-FOCUSED AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTWEIGHT VEHICLE SERIES
The Global Automotive Lightweight Materials (GALM) series of conferences are the world's leading conferences on automotive lightweighting.
First launched in London and Detroit in 2012, the conference series have now grown into Asia.
The conferences all aim to provide practical solutions on strategic, tactical and technical challenges, and over the years almost 10,000 automotive experts have taken away invaluable insight and formed business-critical connections.
The GALM conference series includes:
GALM Series Attendees Breakdown
The GALM Series is renowned globally for hosting the most OEM-led congresses all of which are designed carefully in conjunction with lightweight Engineers and Directors every year to ensure the most practical knowledge is exchanged at every event.
Attending OEMs Have Included
Due to the limited material, joining, forming and finishing technology and software available to OEMs globally, we always make sure delegates also come from key suppliers in the global lightweight vehicle arena, so that no influential players are left out in the cost reduction drive.
"GALM has grown to be a valuable conference for sharing information regarding lightweight materials for the automotive industry"
Engineering Group Manager, General Motors
"Overall a very knowledge filled and well produced conference. Presenters were well selected and well prepared"
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.