Light Metal Age
Light Metal Age (LMA) magazine has a long legacy in the
aluminum industry with over 74 years of experience
covering primary and secondary production, extrusion, and
rolling. The magazine provides vital technical, industrial, and
market information to aluminum producers and processors
around the world. Available in both print and digital format,
LMA covers the entire value chain of the aluminum industry,
from primary production to extrusion and rolling and
associated downstream fabrication, such as finishing,
machining and joining. The integration and optimization of
aluminum products in final applications, such as automotive,
aerospace, and building and construction, are also major
topics. LMA delivers valuable technology and industry news,
industry research, technical knowledge, and case studies to
executives, general managers, plant managers, technicians,
metallurgists, and engineers responsible for fabrication,
production, and operations in manufacturing facilities
around the world. LMA also produces select article archive
content on DVDs, including the Aluminum Extrusion Article
Archive (July 1943 - June 2016) and the Magnesium Article
Archive (May 1943 - August 2011). For more info, visit our
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.