schwartz GmbH is a leading manufacturer of heat treatment equipment for press hardening, hardening, annealing, forging and brazing of steels, non-ferrous metals and aluminum.
In the field of heat treatment solutions for press hardening schwartz is the global market leader.
schwartz high-technology heat treatment systems are tailor-made to the needs and expectations of a global clientele and are employed successfully all over the world.
In the automotive sector, schwartz supplies directly to vehicle manufacturers as a tier 1 and tier 2 supplier or act as a vendor to their direct suppliers.
Since the beginning of 2019 CONEX Die Solutions AB is part of schwartz. The Swedish manufacturer of press dies for sheet metal forming specializes in die making for press hardening processes.
Company history schwartz GmbH
1984 Founded by Rolf Schwartz in Gevelsberg to manufacture and design heat treatment systems for steel, aluminum and nonferrous metals
1995 For the first time, press-hardened steel parts heat-treated with schwartz GmbH's equipment are integrated into a vehicle
1998 The company's headquarters is moved to Simmerath where it is still located today
2011 The subsidiary „chwartz Heat Treatment Systems Asia Co., Ltd. is founded in Kunshan near Shanghai, PR China
2012 schwartz, Inc. is founded as a service operation in Oswego near Chicago (Illinois)/USA. Today it is located in Naperville (Illinois)
2013 Over 80 % of all press-hardened steel components used in cars worldwide are heated in schwartz heat treatment equipment
2016 schwartz GmbH is officially acknowledged by the University of St. Gallen (Switzerland) as the global market leader in the field of heat treatment systems for press hardening applications
2016 schwartz GmbH acquires Hütte GmbH, a manufacturer of heat treatment equipment in Düren/Germany
2017 - 2018 Opening of three further service locations in China
2019 CONEX AB, a Swedish manufacturer of press dies for sheet metal forming, with head office in Luleå, Sweden and another site in Kalix, Sweden, is now part of schwartz
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.