UACJ Automotive Whitehall Industries
UACJ Automotive Whitehall Industries, Inc.(www.whitehallindustries.com), headquartered in Ludington, Michigan, is a vertically integrated extruder and fabricator of complex aluminum components and assemblies for the automotive industry. UACJ Whitehall provides products that include structural components, sunroof guides, convertible top bows, and a variety of other aluminum products to both tier one and OEM customers. UACJ Whitehall is best known for producing difficult-to-manufacture components while holding tolerances much tighter than industry standards. UACJ Whitehall has approximately 1000 employees and operates from five manufacturing facilities located in Ludington, Michigan (three); Paducah, Kentucky; and San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
In 2016, Whitehall Industries became part of the UACJ Group of Companies. UACJ (www.uacj.co.jp), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a comprehensive aluminum manufacturer supplying products that meet the needs of a variety of industries. UACJ was established in October 2013 when Furukawa-Sky Aluminum and Sumitomo Light Metal Industries integrated their business operations. Both companies have a distinguished history as aluminum producers in Japan. Together, their annual capacity for rolled sheet products exceeded 1 million tons.
UACJ's diverse manufacturing capabilities and global reach will enhance UACJ Whitehall's ability to provide aluminum structural components, while strengthening the footprint and capability to serve customers on a global basis.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.