Dr. Leslie Wolschleger
Vice President, Research & Development
Dr. Leslie Wolschleger is the Vice President, Research & Development responsible for development of acoustic baffles, structural reinforcers, structural adhesives and other automotive products. She joined Sika in 2006 as a Research Scientist and has had a number of responsibilities, including global leadership for Sika's parts business comprising of thermoplastic baffles, structural reinforcements and acoustic dampers. During her tenure, she also led a team in discovering and implementing new chemical building blocks for use in both existing and new adhesive products for the automotive market. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Michigan and a Ph.D. in Chemistry from Michigan State University.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.