Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Douglas Ramsey is the Chief Development Officer (CDO) at Hackrod. Hackrod is a digital manufacturing company redefining the way vehicles are designed, engineered and produced in the 21st Century. Doug has over 25 years of experience working across a number of manufacturing industries including primary metals, automotive, aerospace, energy, defense, and consumer products in the US, Europe, Japan, and South Korea. In the US, Doug has served as a leader in a number of public private partnerships focused on advanced manufacturing policy and technology development.
Doug is an international thought leader in advanced manufacturing technology and policy. He has served as the Chairman of the Industrial Control Board for the US National Lightweight Metals Innovation Institute (LIFT) in Detroit and as a manufacturing technology policy advisor and contributor to the White House as part of the Advanced Manufacturing Partnership (AMP 2.0). He has also held board and advisory roles with a number of manufacturing institutes in the US including the Smart Manufacturing Leadership Coalition (SMLC), America Makes, the Clean Energy Smart Manufacturing Innovation Institute (CESMII), and Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation (IACMI). Doug also served as the Alcoa-Oak Ridge National Laboratory Technologist- In-Resident (TIR) with a focus on innovations in metals manufacturing technology
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.