Strategy Global Vice President, Engineering and R&D
Stanley Engineered Fastening
Mr. Lloyd Hilligoss is the Vice President, Global Engineering and R&D for Stanley Engineered Fastening. He is responsible for developing and implementing core and new product engineering strategies across the Stanley Engineered Fastening Global Automotive Team. His team has responsibility for all engineering disciplines including Advanced Engineering, Product Design and Research & Design.
Lloyd joined the company in 2014 as Vice President Engineering and R&D North America. He started his career at Fame Plastics as an application engineer working on plastic for computer systems. He has held numerous leadership positions in Engineering, Program Management, Sales and Operations across the automotive and aerospace industries. Lloyd holds numerous patents and awards including Aerospace award for an ultra-light weight ballistic panels, and Sandwiform™ Honeycomb Composite Cargo System for Nissan, FCA (Chrysler) and Toyota.
He earned his Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Wayne State University and Masters of Business Administration from Lawrence Technology University. He has been married to his wife Laurie for 28 years and has three children. Lloyd enjoys cars, hunting, farming, martial arts, and scuba diving.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.