Advanced Technology Manager
Hank Bonutti is currently the Advanced Technology Manager at Mahindra N. American Technical Center. He has works across different disciplines ranging from powertrain to BIW to paint.
Prior to that, Hank was the Chief Materials Scientist at Bright Automotive where Hank developed Bright materials strategy for their aluminum-bodied PHEV commercial van - the IDEA. He oversaw the design teams weight-reduction initiatives while researching new suppliers and exploring their technologies. Hank also served on Bright Automotive's technology alignment board, and developed and directed Bright's technology strategy. Prior to that, Hank was Director of Technology and Materials at ALTe LLC, a start-up company engineering and manufacturing hybrid drive-trains for existing fleets of commercial vehicles.
From 2007-2010, Hank was a Senior Engineering Manager at Tesla Motors, where he advised on the design, engineering, and manufacturing of Tesla's Model S aluminum body. He also provided key engineering support to Tesla's 2-seat Roadster product team in San Carlos for the Roadster carbon fiber body and the one speed transaxle.
Also related to lightweighting, while he was at ThyssenKrupp Budd during 2003 and 2004, Hank was appointed launch manager for the 2005/6 Ford GT robotically welded aluminum spaceframe where he solved numerous design and production issues prior to launch.
Hank has a BS Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology and an MBA from Oakland University. He is a member of the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers).
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.