Body Structures Supervisor, Technical Specialist
Ford Motor Co.
Jason Balzer began his career at Ford in the Advanced Vehicle Technology organization in 1997, working on new light weight technologies, and has spent half of his career in Ford's Advanced areas working on new technologies to reduce the weight of the body &/or make it more efficient. He has also held a number of positions as a Body Structures Design & Release Engineer. Starting in 2012 his focus returned to lightweight technologies as a Body Structures Technical Specialist.
Currently Jason is the Body Structures Technical Leader for Lightweight Structures and Joining. In this role, he and his team are responsible for developing lightweight materials, & technologies to help meet the future weight targets.
Jason is a graduate of Kansas State University, receiving a bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1995, and a Master's in Engineering Management from Univ. of Michigan in 2003.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.