Dr. Jerry Gould
Technical Fellow - Resistance and Solid State Welding
Jerry has been on the senior technical staff at EWI concentrating on resistance and solid state welding activities since 1985. Prior to joining EWI, he was senior research engineer at the Inland Steel Company Research Laboratory. His major area of expertise is resistance spot welding of sheet steels His research has focused on all aspects of resistance and friction based technologies, with particular interest in application to lightweight materials structures.
Additional areas of interest are mechanical properties of welded joints, design of experiments, quality management, and welding equipment design. Jerry is also a member of the LIFT (Lightweight Innovations for Tomorrow) technical leadership team, serving as Pillar Leader for Joining and Assembly. Jerry has a Ph.D in Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science from Carnegie-Mellon University, has published over 150 papers, and holds six patents.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.