Site Visit To LIFT & IACMI
Site Visit To LIFT & IACMI Monday August 20th
A strictly limited number of places are available for delegates and speakers to join a site visit to the state-of-the-art automotive manufacturing innovation and research facilities operated by LIFT (Lightweight Innovations For Tomorrow) and IACMI (Institute For Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation) located in the Corktown district of Detroit.
LIFT is the nation's premier lightweighting applied research and development facility. IACMI's Scale-Up Research Facility (SURF) resources and capabilities include production scale manufacturing equipment for full-size prototype development, process development and material evaluations.
- Fee $199
- 2 afternoon time slots available
- Limited to 50 per group**
- Duration of 90 minutes
- Transportation provided
- Does not reduce attendance at the conference
* *On arrival at the site, the group of 50 will be divided into 2 sub-groups of 25 participants each. One sub-group will visit LIFT and the other IACMI; after 45 minutes, the two sub-groups will switch over for the second 45 minutes.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.