A Message From Finecast
Our Company, Finecast will be attending the Global Automotive Lightweight Material Summit at the COBO centre Detroit 20th, 21st and 22nd of August.
We are foundry based in the UK, specialising in the development and manufacture of lightweight aluminium alloy Body in White structural and Electric Drive castings. Our foundry engineering team, work in partnership with LandRover Jaguar and Aston Martin to develop and produce sand cast aluminium components up to 2 metres in length with a consistent wall thickest of 2.5mm. The ability to cast thin walled section casting as one component instead of multiple pieces offers substantial weight and structural advantages. We have also developed a series of sand-cast high silicon aluminium alloys which offers the capability of manufacturing prototypes to achieve the equivalent or improved mechanical properties than later series production high pressure die castings. From high ductility to high strength, elongations can be > 15% or have UTS values > 380 Mpa is achievable with this alloy series. From this research, we have gone on to successfully support customers prototype build and first phase production vehicles.
Our prototype lead times for large castings including CNC machining ready for build assembly is 8 to 10 weeks from receipt of your CAD. To ensure castings can be produced to your design and full analysis material mechanical properties, we utilise on site MAGMASOFT casting simulation. We have all manufacturing capabilities inhouse to control quality and rapid development lead times. These include MAGMA casting simulation, foundry tool making, fully equipped material laboratory with tensile testing and spectrographic analysis, CT scanning, white light CMM optical scanning and extensive 5 axis machining and CMM facility.
Whilst in Detroit, we would greatly welcome the opportunity to meet you and any of your colleagues involved in BiW (Body in White) structural components and electric drives. Apart from attending the summit, we are looking to stay a few days after to meet with existing customers and any have any technical meetings which may come about from this summit.
This is a brief summary should you require any further information, please contact me directly on my email and telephone as below.
+44 (0)7879 774128
An Overview Of Finecast
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
The Largest Automotive OEM-Led Lightweight Materials, Structures And Manufacturing Summit Is Returning To COBO Center Detroit
Following global growth and expansion, GALM USA Detroit is returning with a brand new program on how to 'Implement Lightweighting Innovations & Optimize Multi-Material Architectures For EVs, Autonomous Vehicles & Next Gen ICEVs.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions, BIWs and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and drinks reception that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials.
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.